Sunday, August 01, 2004

Harry Potter: Am I Obsessed? Maybe Not!

Part 2
So, back to the topic - Am I really obsessed?
I don't think so or maybe you can put it as, I do not want to admit that I am. I am 26, I am not 16! How can I be categorized as obsessed? I don't wear robes or wizard hat! I don't own a wand, I did not try to ride on a broom and say 'Up'!, I did not try to dip my pen in the ink bottle - not that I have one! and obviously I did not go out looking for Gringgots and refer my money as galleons ... although I always want to call people who piss me off muggle! and I thought it would be nice to have an owl as a pet! Think of the money I can save for mail! But that's that! Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh! I do think about this though - I want to go back to Hertfordshire! I do miss my Uni, but the idea of being able to visit Leavesden Studio make my heart grow fonder. And what's more .. I don't remember visiting Watford when I was there. There's so many places that I have not visited in UK. Maybe I can drop by in one of Professor Snape's play and I will be able to get his autograph and maybe a picture with him! Wow!
"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach" - Severus Snape (Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 8, pg 102)
Yup! I am fond of Professor Snape... whom is usually referred as the greasy haired potions teacher. I find him so mysterious and mind you, there's as much Professor Snape's website as any HP's main character. I especially like the scene where Snape and Lockhart were to show the students how to duel. The music score plus the way Snape moves, makes it look funny ... it looks so not him! If you know what I mean ... that's if you have been following the books!
"Mr Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business" - Remus J Lupin (Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 14, pg 211)
I also think Professor Lupin is ... hrmmn... soft. What a word to desribe a man! I don't know how to explain this but I find him to be persuasive in a way. He talks softly, calmly and polite but with a strong impact. I wish I can be like him - talk calmly when I am angry. I can't even utter a word when I am angry.
I personally like Book 5 - Order of the Phoenix the best. It has the most sad ending ... not cos Sirius Black died but it also shows the person you thought to be strongest can be weak sometimes. That's where Dumbledore comes in. He is supposed to be wise and the strongest of the lot.
After all this blogging, I still do not have any website dedicated to HP .. nor Severus Snape .. nor Remus Lupin ... So, will I still be labelled as an obsessed fan?
Maybe I am not obsessed at all! I just want to be part of every characters in HP. I want to be as intelligent as Hermione, as brave as Harry, as funny as Ron, as mysterious as Severus, as good-natured as Remus and as strong as Dumbledore! Hrmmn ... how greedy! That's human nature, right?
Give me some time to decide. I should be back by tomorrow - I am already addicted to blogging.

p/s: I already got my box set of book 1 - 4 and of cos, book 5 too!

1 Comments:

Blogger zgirl said...

Gee... the reason I write about Harry Potter here is because I am too embarrassed to talk about it with my friends and my sis. I do not want them to label me as obssessed.

I still play it cool in the office. My colleague knows I like HP and he saw my HP wallpaper (I was sitting at a secluded spot so I don't expect many ppl to see it unless they want to talk to me) and I just nodded and said nothing.

But I am still finding an excuse to write about it in here but it will be too boring. And I do not want my blogs to be listed as the top ten HP fanatic. lol

So, I beg you to go to the nearest library and read about it. And if you have any queries about it, I will try my best to help you.And if you want to discuss it, find me!

August 22, 2004 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home