Monday, June 20, 2005

Dae Jang Geum

I've been caught with the Korean craze 'Jewel in the Palace'. It has been aired quite a few times but this is my first time watching it. I don't know how to describe my feelings about the show ... but I love everything about the show.... from the song to the casts.

"It is based on the story of a real historical figure (Jang-geum) who was the first and only woman to serve as head physician to the King in the rigidly hierarchical and male-dominated social structure of the Joseon Dynasty. Daejanggeum, in English, “the Great Jang-geum,” caught the attention of Korean TV viewers with its unique combination of two themes: the successful rise of a female, which is rarely covered in historical genre, and the elements of traditional food and medicine. "

I heard from friends that Korean drama are draggy but I enjoyed every episodes of it. It is a sad story from the beginning to the end (I think so... I am just at episode 12 only). The tissues seems to get lesser everytime this show is aired... lol








2 Comments:

Blogger ashotiwoth said...

highly recommended, this Korean series is :)

June 24, 2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger zgirl said...

I missed the show on Saturday! Hotel don't have Astro!!! *sob* *sob*

June 26, 2005 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home