Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Penang

I reached Bayan Lepas at 1015 yesterday. It costs me RM38 to take a cab from the airport to Gurney Drive. I am in Penang for work and leisure later.
I checked-in into the hotel at 1100 and took a cab to my client's place at 1200. The hotel staff called a cab for me and it cost RM8. My client said it is expensive as the journey is short. Kinda like a turning away from where I stayed. So she decided to drive me to-and-off from work.

I had Penang char-kuey-teow at 'Sisters' for lunch. The prawn is big and juicy. Frankly speaking, I've never seen such big prawn in KL. And there's a wide selection of home-made herbal drinks to choose from - there's 'pat poh' (no idea what it is), nutmeg (reddish-pink drink), chrysanthemum and etc. I had chrysanthemum - Just what I need after all the durians I took. Besides char-kuey-teow, we also have yam-cake and lobak.

Later my client took me to Indian Street in Penang. We stopped at an Indian Restaurant for dinner. I had a chapatti. I still think Sri Paandi in PJ is better... as it is thinner and crispy even after some time. She also ordered 'ketuk' (if this is what it is called)... there's pieces of chicken in it.

I was rather tired and had to cancel my plan of loffering at Starbucks...which is a few minutes away. Anyway the main reason was to get a free internet connection. But that also means I will have part with at least 10 bucks.
As for today, due to limited internet connection - I only get to log in for about 30mins in total. I was of cos devastated. My total communication with my office is down. But that also means, I will be cut-off from my addiction to a forum I have been following.

My dear client took me to Pulau Tikus for some hawker food. I wanted to order 'Hokkien Mee' thinking it is the same one in KL. But before I place my order, I was informed Hokkien Mee is a soup noodle - is called prawn mee in KL. The Hokkien Mee in KL is not a soup dish. But big fat yellow noodle cooked with black sauce.


2 Comments:

Blogger ashotiwoth said...

welcome to Penang!!

so, how's Penang so far?

June 24, 2005 5:02 PM  
Blogger zgirl said...

I don't think I will dare to drive in Penang!!! lol

June 26, 2005 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home