Friday, April 22, 2005

Ever felt dumped

I saw photo of Colin Firth drenched in coffee in either the Star newspaper or maybe the Cleo couple of days ago. It was part of the Oxfam campaigns asking for users to support fair trade. Other than Firth, we have Antonio Banderas and Alanis Morissette.
I would think the ad was quite a success. I mean, how can you not notice if a few famous people started being poured by stuffs all over them?


From what I gathered, there's a huge different between what we paid for a jar of coffee and the amount the farmers received for their beans. Thus giving huge profit to coffee giants, like Nestle. Wow! It never crossed my mind that the coffee in Starbucks and Coffee Beans may be overpriced. I do think that they are expensive but never thought the farmers are underpaid for their growth. It's not only coffee...there's other items like wheat, sugar, rice and etc...

So, let's make a difference. Join the Big Noise now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home