Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The tremor

I was half-awake when I felt the tremor. My sis was on the net. I woke up and said, there is something on our bed. That nearly scare-her off.Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Truthfully, I really thought it was a ghost climbing onto my bed. I looked up the ceiling and I saw the fan moving. It was rocking. It couldn't be the wind! My window is closed and the air-con is on. I asked my sis, could that be an earthquake?
My sis woke my parents up and I texted my friend who stayed nearby (10 mins away). My friend said she actually thought she was having a bad headache. She asked what are we supposed to do if there's really an earthquake. I can't answer her. I have no answer to that question.
My sis then told me there's an evacuation in Bukit Jalil. I asked, 'evacuate to where?'. Giggles followed.
I was told in school, Malaysia is the safest place on earth. With our strategic location, we won't be hit by earthquake or tornadoes and we don't have volcano so there wouldn't be any eruption. Thus, it never occurred to me, 'what are we going to do if there's really an emergency'.
added: 23:30

Details as follows:

1) Quake kills hundreds

2) New quake makes only small waves

3) Readers' earthquake stories

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home