Wednesday, June 29, 2005

While waiting ...

Thursday - 23rd June 2005
I spent about 2.5 hours in MPH while waiting for my sister's arrival. As there's comfortable looking chairs at the side, I began to read (after much browsing at some Travel books by Frommer and Beckham's Autobiography).
My Life as Emperor - It is a book by Su Tong, translated into English by Howard Goldblatt. An entertaining story about a pampered 14 yo prince who, finds himself being appointed as the ruler of the kingdom after the sudden death of his father. A ruler with no talent and limited ability, his throne was later overtake by his brother. His brother sent him away from the palace and he then began his life as a commoner.
After finishing the book, I went to Starbucks to have my dinner. I ordered a Turkey ham Panini and a cup of coffee. I should have ordered the blueberry cheese or tiramisu... as I was still full with Hokkien Mee.
This is my first time sitting at Starbucks at night. The indoor cafe was packed with people with notebooks...and some have to settle for the outside seats. If you've been to Starbucks, you will notice that they sell all kind of tumblers. They are lovely yet pricey. I always pretend not to see them when I walk pass, as I am a person who will 'sometimes' shop on impulse. But as I was quite free that night, I looked through the cups and tumblers and made up my mind to purchase one when I return to KL - there should be a wider selection here.
The internet connection is quite bad, as the line will reconnect every now and then. But it was better than paying RM4 at the place I was staying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home