Monday, August 30, 2004

Someone we can't live without

Fate chooses you relations, you choose your friends - Jacques Delille, French Poet (1738-1813)

Most of the time, we love them but there are times in which we hated them. Sometimes they hated us too. We grew up with some of them, yet they do not understand us. We thought we understand them but is that really so? Even we do not know ourself 100%. So, who are we to judge them for not knowing the real us?

Have you ever find fault in your friend? Have you ever wonder why they are doing this or that when to you, it is not right? Have you ever been crossed with them for their attitude? Have you ever doubted your friend's sincerity?

I do and I did. Maybe it is my nature as a Capricorn. I doubted my friends. I started doubting people when I found this close friend took me for granted. When she was without a car, she called for me. She stopped calling when she bought her own car. And I thought she was spending time at home. I later found out, she was going out with other friends and she claimed, my house is out of the way. I was heartbroken.

I stopped calling her and stopped keeping in touch with her. She never knew why. I made new friends in Uni. She made hers. I have enough friends in Uni to keep me occupied.They treated me as how I treated them. We treated each other like a family. We care for each other. We take turns to do housework.We take turns to cook. It was a year I will always remember.

It is said, when we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves. When we think our friend is not doing what we termed as 'right', we unconciously will try to do better. Somehow, our friend motivate us to be a better person. I hate people who take advantage of me thus, I learnt never do that to anyone, moreover my own friend.

I started to meet up with this friend again when she finished her studies. She told me she knows of her habit of taking people for granted. She is not perfect and neither am I. She has a habit in which I can't stand and I am sure I have mine which she can't stand either. So, why'd judge and have no time to love? We can be friend in this life only. There's no such thing as a second take to life.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jaselee said...

Yes, a friend did that once to me. I'm not the type who ditch a friend once the road gets rough but many other good friends has adviced me agains this bloke but I didn't heed their advice for I still have faith with him. However, my faith was shattered after I realized he took advantage of me.

You see, during my college years, going from the mainland to Penang is expensive but at least I got this thing called Touch 'N Go. Armed with a motorbike, it only takes RM 1.10 to get through the bridge. And without any income, my parent will load RM 50, so it will last me for more than a month.

Then come this bloke that I so-called 'friend'. Since he has a car, he convinced me to take a ride on his vehicle. Upon coming to the toll booth, he demanded for my card, which takes out RM 5.70 out of it. I've told him so but he said it's only for once or twice.

However after many times, I got fed up and decided to LEAVE the card at my house. When he asked for the card, I told him I left it at the house. Not believing that, he snatched my wallet and put through the magnetic detector. Since it didn't register, he give up and took out his Touch N' Go. Guess how much he has it in his account? RM 169.50. I remembered the figure clearly.

That's where I stopped believing in him. I've stopped all contact. He kept on calling me asking me to go out and asked me why I treated him so. I kept quiet till this day. He tried to get me to talk to him a few times but once a trust has been shattered, it's very hard to mend it back again.

August 30, 2004 4:53 PM  
Blogger ashotiwoth said...

Jase + Pauline, sad story indeed.
Lucky enuff I haven't encounter such friends (of that capacity) yet....

August 31, 2004 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home