Tuesday, August 24, 2004

No more fish head curry please!

A colleague of mine, got back from China in order to renew his Visa. He is kinda like based in China and comes back once a month to renew his visa. Don't ask me why he is using a 1-month visa and not a longer term visa. They were not able to give me an answer. Not that it is important to me.
This time he is back, he asked us to go for lunch with him. He seldoms stay for lunch when he is back in the office but this time is different. So, off we go - there were 5 of us altogether. All nicely fit in his Altis.
We settled ourself for a nice Indian cuisine - we had chicken, squids, mutton, vege and even fish head curry. I did not really touch the fish, for my house itself have more fish than I can ever finish. You see - my dad likes fishing, so there won't be such thing as 'no fish' in my house. I only took one small bite of that big fish.
Later that night, not really night...it was about 03:15 in the morning - I got up with a bad stomach ache. I thought it was my gastric flu, but this was much worst though. I was thinking, could it be because I did not finish my medicine the other day? But then, the nurse told me to take it only if I needed it. I did not need it then~!
I thought of taking the day off, but if I do that - my colleague will hunt me down and kill me! He said that to me when I was jokingly telling him that I am not going to work (after the meal). Not that I am worried about him hunting me down and killing me (if he is sane enough), but if I don't go to work - he won't be able to finish setting up the training database himself. I am supposed to feed him with data to load in and the clients will be in our office on Wednesday to see the setup.
So I went to work unwillingly. To my surprise, all 4 of us who did lunch together were in the same boat. They were all down with food poisoning. They suspected the fish to be the culprit!
I am not sure about the 5th guy cos he went back to China that same night he bought us lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home