Friday, September 17, 2004

I'm leaving on a jet plane

After all those months of waiting, I am finally going to step into Auckland International Airport at 10:40am tomorrow. So, I guess I won't be able to post for a while. Hrmmn...much to my despair, I will be away just for a short period of time only. I enjoy posting but I also love travelling.
Will be back on the 4th October .... oh, how I wish it could be longer. I am very much into travelling...or should I say, travelling is part of my life.
Don't know where I will be heading this time. Done part of the North Island in my last trip. I missed the Jetboating - something I was looking forward to during my last trip. I was at the Huka Fall - a place famous for its jetboating but was unable to join in the fun because it seems, I have to make an early booking (which I did not). Yeah, I was devastated. I actually put away an amount of money for that.
Another place I visited was Rotorua. Entering into the region itself, you can smell sulphur being released from the ground itself. Not a nice smell - it was nasty. So, if you don't smell it, you ain't missing anything. Rotorua is famous for its Maori show and feast (aka hangi), hot-spring like the Whakarewarewa, sheep show and some fun rides. If you have been following the Amazing Race 5, you will notice in the recent show while the teams were in Rotorua, they have to go inside a huge ball and roll down the hill. I only manage to go on the luge and took some photos with the sheeps. The sheeps weren't very nice...I was itchy all over till the time I came back here. My MO said the itchiness was due to the flea from the sheep.Sigh...
Gotta leave now!
Anyway, happy holiday to the usual readers of my blog. You now can have some rest and escape from listening to my rants/complaints/etc, etc for 2 weeks. But do come back after that because I enjoy your comments.
Adios! I wanted to say 'till we meet again' in Spanish. I tried using the Google's language tool and it translated to: hasta que satisfacemos otra vez. But when I tried translating it back to English, it became: Until we satisfy again. The reason I double-check was because I read something about such blunder in Ashotiwoth's blog. So, apparently I decided to stick to english - Till we meet again folks!

5 Comments:

Blogger Alberto said...

hahaha!! 'till we meet again' -> 'hasta que nos encontremos de nuevo' but the colloquial form could be 'hasta la próxima'. Always take careful with results of non-human translators ;-)

September 17, 2004 6:16 PM  
Blogger zgirl said...

Yup, don't trust a non-human.
Thus, hasta que nos encontremos de nuevo!

September 19, 2004 6:54 PM  
Blogger ashotiwoth said...

have a nice trip!! :D do update us with pictures then... :D

September 21, 2004 5:40 PM  
Blogger zgirl said...

Till date, took only 2 pictures of the house. The weather here is very bad - kinda like Londony type of weather. Few minutes of shower, then sun, then back to showers.

September 22, 2004 9:06 AM  
Blogger Jaselee said...

~Coz I'm leaving on a jet plane...~
~Don't know when I'll be back again...~

Missed John Denver's version. And the ironic thing is that the nice country singer is killed in a plane crash.

September 23, 2004 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home