Thursday, October 14, 2004

Beading

A friend of my aunt brought me to this shop, where they will teach you how to make earrings when you purchase the materials from them. The shop has been opened for just 6 weeks. Her daughter learnt hers from there too. She guided me throughout the process of selecting beads, crimps, ear-wire and told me to jot-down the price for each item.
I managed to make a dangling earring for my sis. I am allergy to a lot of product thus nothing for me. After the first earring, I bought some materials ... no, lotsa materials but only know how to make 1-type of earring.
When I gave that earring to my sis, she was comparing the one made by her friend. Practically, from her look, I think my creation was a bit on the ugly side.
I think my bracelet is more succesful - I took my sis's pearl necklace and undo the clasp..and made a bracelet. I think I will made one for my grandma cos the pearl necklace is a gift from her. I am quite desperate for materials. I actually removed the clasp of a bracelet which my friend gave me in order to use the clasp. It is a bit hard to get the materials here and it is more pricey anyway. The only way is to source the materials from OZ/NZ. Even the price in Singapore is too expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home